[Kde-graphics-devel] Re: [patch] store/restore scan dialog settings (bug 262595)

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Thu Jan 27 18:36:22 CET 2011

On Thursday, 27. January 2011 00:14:53 Kåre Särs wrote:

> I think the size setting is OK to be global, but I suspect that different
> applications might have different needs so I think also having different
> options for different applications would be better... On the other hand I
> don't know of any other application than Kolourpaint that would use the
> ksaneplugin.

I was expecting krita to be able to scan but could not find a menu entry ...

> Pleas commit with or without the application specific settings.

thanks, I'll do.
However I modified it a little bit so that the scanner settings
will not be put into kdeglobals but instead in a separate file
"scannersettings" as I assume that kdeglobals is loaded/parsed by each and every
KDE application but more or less all of them do not need scanner related settings
and this would slow down startup and probably memory consumption.

The changed patch is attached

I assume I can backport that into the KDE 4.6 branch as well ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.bibibest.at