[Kde-graphics-devel] Re: kdegraphics git: Summary, part 2. Repositories.

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue Jan 11 15:41:00 CET 2011

Hi,

first of all we need to collect okular's predecessors. As you said, okular
came from a kpdf branch, so kpdf's repo will go into okular I think?
What is the situation regarding kviewshell? Ok to include its history to
okular?

> - there are some revisions in which new files are (re)added, but those
>   files existed already, and were just modified; few examples:
>   88d32391, e02e17cd1, a15937e16, 9ec727e809, 9971fda361, f3f8048572,
>   12443fc9, 819add1e3, ab68da364cc, b0ac82c7, 5a58f6ea8, 4c6cec01,
>   d1154ad2, 0d49789e6.
>   Looks like some commits after 7a87eff309 (where I can see a
>   refs/backups/r650477/heads/master) suffer from this issue.

There is a break in the history after the commit you mention. The problem is
this SVN commit:
"r650477 | pino | 2007-04-04 19:38:51 +0200 (Wed, 04 Apr 2007) | 4 lines
Changed paths:
   A /trunk/KDE/kdegraphics/okular (from
/trunk/playground/graphics/okular:650474)
Okular comes back home, kdegraphics."

Normally, git2svn will reseat the master branch and the history is fine.

Niko, any idea? The svn2git output for this commit may give a hint.

> - 9fac9ad9f4 looks empty (maybe the same cause above)

yes, due to history break above

> - a0fa408c6 is the first revision, while it cannot be
>   (6eb127e82 is the first, but see below)

If you look closely, this is a single commit. I see some special treatment in
the rules file, with min/max revisions. Something wrong there?

> - looks like the okular tags are on an empty commit on its own, instead
>   of being on the branch on they were done. Could you please avoid these
>   empty commits so the tags are on the branches?

Dont know about this one.

> - I really would like to "stitch" the okular history to the
>   kpdf_annotations one: i'm referring to the kpdf branch
>   /branches/kpdf/annotations/kdegraphics/kpdf, and the okular (actually,
>   oKular at that time ;) ) seems to started from r431884 of that branch.
>   That would also imply following the history of the main kpdf.
>
> - r556303 copies various files from kviewshell; could they history be
>   saved, please?

See first comments

Marcel