[Kde-graphics-devel] Re: kdegraphics git: Repositories, conversion date

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Mon Feb 14 11:32:56 CET 2011

Hi Marcel,

Alle domenica 13 febbraio 2011, Marcel Wiesweg ha scritto:
> next iteration is on modules-new:
>
> fish://git@dewey.kde.org/home/git/mwiesweg/modules-new/KDE/kdegraphic
> s/okular/

Thanks!

> - mobipocket branch merged at ff0955, initial import 87760

Its files should be prefixed in generators/mobipocket/.
Also, I don't see the "mobipocket" branch in `git branch`, unlike
others.

> - epub branch merged at 042904, initial import 7f130

Its files should be prefixed in generators/epub/.

> - dvi branch, merged at 9bf91, has the history of the kviewshell dvi
> plugin back to the initial import of kdvi at b5dbc

Its files should be prefixed in generators/dvi, or maybe tell svn2git to
track properly the move of those.

> - cmake/modules contains all cmake modules from kdegraphics. svn2git
> will crash if we try to select individual files, and with the
> exception of two or three of them, they are okular's modules

Hm... weird that svn2git crashes.

- 6629eb18a adds three cmake modules (FindCHM.cmake,
FindDjVuLibre.cmake, FindPoppler.cmake), which really are copies from
playground; would be possible to pick their history?

- e5f41cd3 (ie r674186) in the "kpdf" branch could be ignored, IMHO

- there seems to be few tagging attempts which could be ignored?
  * ecc7bdba (ie r467472) - kde 3.4.3
  * 2d098801 (ie r519755) - kde 3.5.2
  * 465d03bb (ie r591372) - kde 3.5.5

- 2cee44dc is empty, while r395069 it is not

> Regarding KDE/x.x vs. x.x branch naming: If you have clear
> information that a rename is planned, we should of course use the
> x.x scheme, but atm the branches in kdelibs and kdebase follow the
> KDE/x.x scheme.

Yesterday there was a git meeting, but I did not attend, so not sure
what was the outcome of it (even wrt branch names).

--
Pino Toscano