[Kde-graphics-devel] Re: kdegraphics git: Repositories, conversion date

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Wed Feb 9 19:25:35 CET 2011

Hi,

there is a new revision of repositories for kdegraphics, and we should think
about a common migration date.

1) I have worked on an improved rules file dedicated to kdegraphics, with
hand-written parts for okular and gwenview. Changes:

- gwenview has two main branches, gwenview1 and master ("gwenview 2").
Apparently, gwenview 2 was a rewrite, so there are two parentless initial
commits (though git found merge points from gwenview1 to master)
- okular and kpdf repos merged, the history: kpdf, annotations branch, okular
playground, okular. There is a "kpdf" git branch for as soon as okular=master
was branched off kpdf.
- all orphaned KDE/x branches fixed that I found (usually due to cvs2svn
weirdness)
- documentation in each repo's doc/ subdirectory
- there's a kdegraphics-sc super-repo which currently contains the cmake/
directory history. Need to find out why the toplevel files are missing.

Repos are available here:
fish://git@dewey.kde.org/home/git/mwiesweg/modules/KDE/kdegraphics
(ignore all old projects)

2) We should find agreement on a conversion date. kdelibs and kdebase are
migrated, trunk is open, rules are mostly ready - we are pretty much ready.
Any date soon is fine for me.

The procedure is as follows:
a) every maintainer requests a git repo for his project at
https://sysadmin.kde.org/svnaccount/repo-request.php
b) The migration can work like this: We set a 36h period, for example
Friday/Saturday. At Friday 8am SVN commits are stopped; Friday 8 pm repository
creation is started on Dewey; Repos are finished on Saturday, can receive
final testing, and are pushed Saturday afternoon.

Marcel