[Kde-graphics-devel] KSnapshot screencast feature

Richard Moore richmoore44 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 12:01:54 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 3:01 AM, Alex Fiestas<alex at eyeos.org> wrote:
> I've been researching a bit about screencast in gnu/linux, and I'd like to try
> to add it in ksnapshot, but I'm not sure which is the best way to do it.... so
> please, could someone give me a hint?

Hi Alex,

I don't think the user interface we want for ksnapshot really matches
what is required for a screencast application. I think a better plan
is to create a new application for this with a UI that is designed for
the task. I would probably have to reject a patch that adds support
for screencasts to ksnapshot unless you can think of a way to do it
that doesn't impact the existing user interface.

Cheers

Rich.