[Kde-graphics-devel] KSnapshot screencast feature

Alex Fiestas alex at eyeos.org
Tue Jul 14 04:01:46 CEST 2009

Hi there!
I've been researching a bit about screencast in gnu/linux, and I'd like to try
to add it in ksnapshot, but I'm not sure which is the best way to do it.... so
please, could someone give me a hint?

Afaik there are 3 ways to record the desktop:
1-Create a ksnapshot backend using ffmpeg/recordmydesktop binary
2-Use the X11 libraries to get information, and a video (encode) library to
write that information.
3-Use libavcodec (ffmpeg library) that already has all X11 /encoding stuff done.

which one do you think that's the best approach? my guess is the third option.

Thanks!