[Kde-graphics-devel] Anyone there? Does anyone have ideas toimplement KPDF like zooming in Konqueror?

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Wed Mar 2 17:51:30 CET 2005

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 11:39, Marcel Partap wrote:
> I don't think much has to change. The renderer would render the page
> just like now at the default font size 100%, then display it PS-like
> (with Arthur?). How and if exactly - sorry, I have no clue about the
> KHTML interna, except that they work and rock (fast!).

No, a lot would have to change to be able to do that.

> Besides technical feasibility: what do you folk say about usability?
> Are there any disadvantages?

It's something probably every khtml thought about for many years. The
reason no one even bothered with it is that no one thought that it'd be
worth doing at this point. I don't see really any case where this would
be a killer feature. It's a nice thing, sure, but nothing you couldn't
live without. And considering that it is something that would be very
hard to implement properly in khtml I don't think anyone will bother.

Especially that in the coming months all apps will get that for free
(you could do it today, by rendering the window as a texture on a quad
in GL but you'd still have to transform and map input events
correctly).

Zack

--
PCMCIA - People Can't Memorise Computer Industry Acronyms