[Kde-graphics-devel] KImageIO

ian reinhart geiser geiseri at kde.org
Wed Jan 12 14:36:45 CET 2005

Greetings,
 This isn't hard core graphics, but I figured it might be of interest to
people.   I have created a ImageMagick based KImageIO plugin, the unit and
validation tests pass, but its missing a few key elements to be generally
useful.  The big one is the QImageIO regexps to determine the image's format.
The second one is meaningful mime-types for the file load/save dialogs.  If
anyone is interested of capable of helping with these two issues here are the
images that I currently am missing information for:
Magic Regexps
art - PFS: 1st Publisher
avs  - AVS X image file
cgm - Computer graphics metafile
cur - Microsoft cursor icon
cut - Dr Halo
dcm - Digital imaging and communications in medicine (DICOM) image
dcx - ZSoft IBM PC multi-page Paintbrush image
dib - Microsoft Windows device independent bitmap
eps - Adobe Encapsulated PostScript
eps2 - Adobe Level II Encapsulated PostScript
eps3 - Adobe Level III Encapsulated PostScript
epsf - Adobe Encapsulated PostScript
epsi - Adobe Encapsulated PostScript Interchange format
fax - Group 3 TIFF (FAX image)
fig - FIG graphics format
fits - Flexible image transport system
gplt - Gnuplot plot image
mat - MATLAB image format
otb - On-the-air bitmap
palm - Palm pixmap
pcd - Kodak PhotoCD Image (PhotoCD)
pict - Apple Macintosh QuickDraw/PICT file
ps - Adobe PostScript
ps2 - Adobe Level II PostScript
ps3 - Adobe Level III PostScript
psd - Adobe Photoshop bitmap file
rad - Radiance image file
sun - SUN Rasterfile
svg - Scalable Vector Graphics
viff - Khoros Visualization image file format
wbmp - Wireless bitmap
wmf - Windows Metafile
wpg - Word Perfect graphics file
xwd - X Windows system window dump

Mime Types
art - PFS: 1st Publisher
avs   - AVS X image file
dcm  - Digital imaging and communications in medicine (DICOM) image
dcx - ZSoft IBM PC multi-page Paintbrush image
dib - Microsoft Windows device independent bitmap
fits - Flexible image transport system
mat - MATLAB image format
palm - Palm pixmap

Any takers?