[Kde-graphics-devel] KPdf evolution [Mosfet hint wanted]

Dirk Schönberger dirk.schoenberger at sz-online.de
Sat Feb 19 18:27:09 CET 2005

> The problem is for each small pattern piece it parses all the commands
from the pdf and
> then executes them. I've been have to reuse the parsing and get it down to
40
> seconds but it is still too much. What should we done is render the
pattern
> once and then repeat the drawing all over the place, but i have not been
able
> of finding how to do it.

I am not quite up to date how this is actually implemented in XPDF / KPDF,
but I would think you could either use some kind of metafile, where the
parsed PDF operators are stored, and can be replayed without re-parsing, or
you could build some kind of "nested" context, render the pattern once and
tile the resulting pattern image.

Regards
Dirk