[Kde-graphics-devel] (no subject)

Hans Oischinger ho at degnet.de
Fri Dec 17 14:00:12 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm currently developing a SVG animation authoring tool for KDE as a diploma
thesis and therefore I've had some contact with the KSVG developers...

> In theory KSVG or KSVG2 should be able to do SVG animations, but from what
> I know it is currently not implemented.
From what I've seen in the source code animation in KSVG is implemented, but
disabled as it's not complete and/or stable.
KSVG2 is in early stages and static content is the focus for the developers
now. There are only two developers working on it and I think any help would
be appreciated.
However their work is exellent and I'm sure it will play a big role in KDE4.

The problems with incorrect rendering of KSVG may be due to the little
manpower I mentioned. But don't forget that the svg Icon engine doesn't
support all SVG features. it's stripped out of KSVG with focus on
performance.
Also note that Inkscape adds it's own namespace elements in the xml code... I
don't know if this affects rendering. I think I may have read of problems
with the "inkscape SVG dialect".

Hans
Hans Oischinger ho at degnet.de | hans.oischinger at stud.fh-regensburg.de