Some interesting info while researching mkisofs

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Sep 26 18:49:03 UTC 2014

El Divendres, 26 de setembre de 2014, a les 12:31:02, Jeremy Whiting va
escriure:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 12:28 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > El Divendres, 26 de setembre de 2014, a les 12:09:49, Jeremy Whiting va
> >
> > escriure:
> >> Albert, Scarlett,
> >>
> >> Are there current maintainers of K3B ?
> >
> > No

I may have been wrongly informed and seems Michał is still around even he did
not answer my email to the k3b mailing list.
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/k3b/2014-September/000302.html

So yeah we should talk to them directly to make sure they are aware of this.

> >> I thought our first attempt to
> >> remedy the no releases in years situation would be to contact them and
> >> see what needs doing to get a new release out, no?
> >
> > You mean "process" wise? (i.e. how to create the tarball)
> >
> > Or work wise? (i.e. what has to be fixed?)
>
> I meant as kde-gardening work wise, are we going to fix k3b or find
> new volunteers to fix it?

My idea is:
 * Get the 2.0.3 release out, as of now there's already enough fixes over 2.0.2
to warrant it getting out

 * Try to go through the bug list and find two things:
   # Is there something relatively easy that can get fixed?
   # Is there something *really* important that needs go get fixed *now*

It should be a *short* list, not more than 5, ideally less. Once we have that
show it to the world and see if we get people to fix them, if now, well we
still do the release 2.0.3 since what we have now is good enough.

> >> used k3b in some time (probably 6 months or so) is it extremely buggy
> >> or something?
> >
> > No, it has a few crasher bugs in bugzilla, but it does not seem to be
> > ultra
> > bad.
>
> Ok, cool, do we have a bugzilla url that shows them?

It's on the kanboard.

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=grave&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=crash&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=minor&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&list_id=1126294&order=bug_id%20DESC&product=k3b&query_based_on=&query_format=advanced

> Is the plan for
> us to fix them, or to get others involved also? Either way it would be
> good to share a url showing what bugs remain, etc.

As said above i think the important part here is distilling which bugs we
think are either critical (release can't go out without it) or easy to do and
expose them to the world.

And in theory there's nothing critical since 2.0.2 is already out there so it
can't be worse than that.

One of the things is how do we go through that bug list in a distributed
manner. Maybe a notes.kde.org pad with the bugs and people write their name
and assesment?

Cheers,
  Albert