Re-using a KDE Games card deck

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 07:18:52 BST 2024

Hi, Ian Wadham here (a blast from the past),

I am working on a game, in another software platform and language, which is based on KPat and uses the Ancient Egyptians card deck. When I say “based on”, I mean a selection of the same Patience games as KPat has, but re-coded entirely in a different programming language (not C++ or C) and with a different internal design and re-written rules text.

However the card-deck is a straight copy of the SVG file, but converted into a single .png file.

I would like to publish the game as Open Source and would like to include appropriate licenses and acknowledgements. How should I proceed? The platform I am on usually uses a MIT License for code.

I know who the authors and maintainers of KPat are. But who created the Ancient Egyptians card deck? Was it Eugene Trounev or his offsider Sean or both of them? I could not find this info in the repository files.

Best regards,
Ian Wadham.