Finding a new troubleless name for KSokoban

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Fri Aug 26 13:35:18 BST 2022

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau skreiv 26.08.2022 14:09:
> Am Freitag, 26. August 2022, 08:40:38 CEST schrieb Ian Wadham:
>> May I suggest PushPush — because that is mostly what you do… ?  Or KPushPush
>> if you must, or just KPush…
> Also nice I think 😄 Yes, push-push that feels like what the game is about
> partially :P

Yes, Push-Push could work. (I think I prefer leaving the hyphen in.)

> Any variant in another language which might rival that, by phonetic or lexical
> "beauty"?

I don’t think they are more beautiful, but for Norwegian, we have the
following words meaning ‘push’ (imperative form):

Skuv
Skyv
Skubb (usually a more sudden push)
Dytt (usually a softer push)
Puff (softer, usually using only one hand)

BTW, the kde-games-devel list probably isn’t *that* heavily populated,
so you might consider creating a blog post (planet.kde.org) or a post at
https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/ asking for suggestions about a new name
for the game.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer