T10243: Some KDE applications could use better icons

Alessandro Longo noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 20 14:27:32 BST 2020

alex-l added a comment.

  @ngraham logo vs icon discussion is a very minor issue (though I would be happy to see if Ken Vermette, Uri Herrera and others who contributed to Breeze Icons for apps agree or disagree with me), instead I want Breeze Icons to be treated like any other component like Kwin, Kirigami etc i.e. with maintainers/major contributors that have the final say. I followed the development of other KDE projects in the past and I know there are always developers that know very well that specific codebase because they contributed a lot over the years and took responsability as maintainers. This used to be the case also with Breeze Icons. My contributions to it is good just because of the input by previous contributors, I was even lucky enough to learn in person from Ken Vermette.

  I think that when a group of people will contribute to Breeze Icons with new app icons and minor fixes to the current ones then they will have the right to make major changes and we will have good chances that those will be improvements, not changes for the sake of change like the icon for Activities. At the moment I see just the opposite and no offense, being good in an area doesn't imply being good in another one even if apparently similar.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T10243