T10243: Some KDE applications could use better icons

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 19 16:41:16 BST 2019

ndavis added a comment.

  In T10243#201445 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T10243#201445>, @alex-l wrote:

  > Most common problems for me are: (1) path that is correctly displayed but can't be edited with Inkscape, just moved around

  Are you talking about some of the mimetype icons? Some of them define shapes, give them an ID and then reference the ID so the part can be reused. No SVG optimizer that I know of does that and they were like that before I started working on Breeze. I fix that as I go, but it requires manual edits to the code. I rarely touch mimetype icons and I've only seen it a few times, so I don't know how many are like that.

  > (2) gradient correctly displayed but Inkscape's UI says the filling is "?" instead of gradient. You can check (2) with current 48x48 icon for Konsole/terminal, the shape is the ">" symbol.

  For me, the gradient is shown correctly in Inkscape's UI, but the gradient can't be changed to another gradient. I have to click the unset button (question mark icon), then click on the gradient button and it's back to working like it should without any extra work. For some reason, Inkscape can't change gradients unless the element is using a gradient that references another gradient.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T10243