D23404: Revamp solver memory management

Wolfgang Bauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 29 09:03:20 BST 2019

wbauer added a comment.

  In D23404#521338 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23404#521338>, @fabiank wrote:

  > The issue with the previous version was that the memory accounting code was wrong, and the allocation would fail at some point. The most recent version fixes this, and I could successfully complete a game of Grandfather's Clock again.

  Yes, I can confirm that the crash is gone now.
  I'll probably test a bit more (especially other games), but it does look good now from my POV (although, I haven't tried the latest version with the additional free() yet).

  In D23404#521423 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23404#521423>, @fabiank wrote:

  > And this might have been the source of all problems (and adding it to the original code is probably sufficient, though I still think that the revamped memory management is a good idea)

  This patch is rather intrusive though. Maybe it would be good to just add this free() to the stable branch? (and only do the full revamp in master)
  I'll try if it helps anyway.

REPOSITORY
  R410 KPatience

REVISION DETAIL