D9864: Add appstream metedata file

Luigi Toscano noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 13 23:53:46 UTC 2018

ltoscano added a comment.

  I will fix the cmake file after this is fixed. In general, you could take a look at how this is done in other repositories).

  The image on kde.org can be fixed by just cropping the empty borders, but I don't have access there.

  Final notes: even if not too important, please try to reorder the tags more or less following https://techbase.kde.org/MetaInfo/Components .

INLINE COMMENTS

> org.kde.klines.appdata.xml:2
> +<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> +<!-- Copyright 2018 Konrad Krawiec <konrad11901 at gmail.com> -->
> +<component type="desktop-application">

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't remember this header used too much in the other files.

According https://www.freedesktop.org/software/appstream/docs/chap-Metadata.html, "A list of valid category names can be found in the Freedesktop menu spec.", so https://specifications.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apa.html. Please remove Qt and KDE, which are not categories.

> org.kde.klines.appdata.xml:24
> +  </categories>
> +  <content_rating type="oars-1.1">
> +    <content_attribute id="violence-cartoon">none</content_attribute>

As the entire section is none, can you please remove it?

For new files, we are trying to use FSFAP: https://spdx.org/licenses/FSFAP.html
Also, please put this tag on the top (see https://techbase.kde.org/MetaInfo/Components )

> org.kde.klines.appdata.xml:55
> +  <project_license>GPL-2.0</project_license>
> +  <translation type="qt">klines</translation>
> +  <url type="bugtracker">https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?format=guided&product=klines</url>

Please remove this; klines is mostly gettext, but also uses many libraries from Frameworks which are either gettext or qt, and Qt is also qt. In general, we didn't define a policy for this tag so far.

REPOSITORY
  R402 KLines

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D9864