Palapeli and kdelibs4

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Thu Aug 31 18:49:13 UTC 2017

Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>> Am 17.08.2017 um 06:35 schrieb Ian Wadham:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I see on
>>> https://community.kde.org/Applications/17.12_repo_drop_list_kdelibs4#palapeli
>>> that Palapeli fails at startup.
>>>
>>> When it executes for the first time in a new environment, Palapeli goes
>>> through quite a
>>> lot of its logic to locate the images and credits for the demo puzzles, then
>>> slice them up
>>> to create puzzle files for placement in the user's library of puzzles.
>>>
>>> Slicing requires selecting, loading and executing a plugin from Palapeli's
>>> plugin library
>>> and perhaps this step is failing, possibly due to some new way of doing
>>> things in KF5.
>>>
>>> Just an idea.  Anyway, I hope someone can fix Palapeli so that it can
>>> continue to be
>>> released.  It is one of the best jigsaw puzzle apps around FWICS.
>> Hi,
>>
>> the frameworks branch is now kdelibs4support - free and the app works on my
>> system without any real problems.
>> Now only someone has to make frameworks the new master
>
> (sorry, resending to the list now)
> Almost, at least on my system: did you see my previous answer?
>
> Quoting:
>
> I found another issue though; after cleaning the palapeli related files from
> ~/.config and ~/.local, the preview is not loaded anymore, the small window
> says that the image is not available.
> Another (smaller, but still) issue: the initial toggle state of the
> View->Preview menu entry is wrong; the preview window is open but it's
> deselected. If (de)selected and selected again it works as expected.

Since then, that issue was solved, as well as also another (older) bug
(thanks!). So coming back to the question:

> When those issues are solved, do you see other blockers for merging frameworks
> into master?

Is the answer "no blocker" and we can do the merge dance? Apart from the merge
itself, the procedure includes also fixing the branches in kde-build-metadata
and sysadmin/repo-metadata and moving the translations. I can do all or part
of it (for sure I will move the translations :)

Ciao
--
Luigi