Palapeli and kdelibs4

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sat Aug 26 10:27:59 UTC 2017

Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Am 17.08.2017 um 06:35 schrieb Ian Wadham:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I see on
>> https://community.kde.org/Applications/17.12_repo_drop_list_kdelibs4#palapeli
>> that Palapeli fails at startup.
>>
>> When it executes for the first time in a new environment, Palapeli goes
>> through quite a
>> lot of its logic to locate the images and credits for the demo puzzles, then
>> slice them up
>> to create puzzle files for placement in the user's library of puzzles.
>>
>> Slicing requires selecting, loading and executing a plugin from Palapeli's
>> plugin library
>> and perhaps this step is failing, possibly due to some new way of doing
>> things in KF5.
>>
>> Just an idea.  Anyway, I hope someone can fix Palapeli so that it can
>> continue to be
>> released.  It is one of the best jigsaw puzzle apps around FWICS.
> Hi,
>
> the frameworks branch is now kdelibs4support - free and the app works on my
> system without any real problems.
> Now only someone has to make frameworks the new master

(sorry, resending to the list now)
Almost, at least on my system: did you see my previous answer?

Quoting:

I found another issue though; after cleaning the palapeli related files from
~/.config and ~/.local, the preview is not loaded anymore, the small window
says that the image is not available.
Another (smaller, but still) issue: the initial toggle state of the
View->Preview menu entry is wrong; the preview window is open but it's
deselected. If (de)selected and selected again it works as expected.

When those issues are solved, do you see other blockers for merging frameworks
into master?

Ciao
--
Luigi