D7044: Finish removing dependance to KDElibs4Support

Gaël de Chalendar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 2 07:22:49 UTC 2017

kleag added a comment.

  I must admit that I did not test the xmpp part… And in fact it does not work. There is an error in connecting a socket error signal. That should at least be corrected.

  But I just tried too a Jabber based game on the ksirk currently available on KDE Neon and it does not work either. But this time the console output gives useful information.

  I propose to correct the evident bug to have a situation in par with the current released version and then to push these changes before trying to make the Jabber work again with the new versions you worked on. In this case, should we remove the Jabber option from the GUI while it is not working ?

  P.S.: to answer your question, there is nothing special necessary to play over Jabber except a working account
  P.P.S.: the Jabber stuff was an interesting experiment but I don't know if anybody ever used it for real games… So, should we do large efforts to maintain it ?

REPOSITORY
  R413 KsirK

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7044