Current status of the frameworks branch of kdelibs4-based games

Frederik Schwarzer bugfinger at posteo.de
Sat Apr 22 08:47:50 UTC 2017

On Sonntag, 9. April 2017 22:08:55 CEST Luigi Toscano wrote:

> == kigo
> * relevant contributors to the frameworks branch: Laurent Montel, Frederik
> Schwarzer
> * all changes in master are in frameworks
> * no "QT5" porting notes
> * missing appdata file
> * no dependency on KDELibs4Support
> * starts and apparently works (but I don't know Go so much), with one
> runtime warning
> * *suggestion*: recheck the warning, add appdata and probably merge into
> master

The problem with the Apply button I was talking about earlier ... I cannot
reproduce it anymore.
The last issue I can see is that the initial notification is shown half out of
the window on the left. All following notifications are shown centered.

The warning on the command line has its origin in some connect automatism that
triggers on names starting with "on_". In 2012 fregl changed that code a bit,
switching away from the automatism to explicit connect calls but also kept the
naming scheme, which now triggers the warning.
See setupwidget.{cpp,h} in https://cgit.kde.org/kigo.git/commit/?
id=0b0f490ab1d72adb761a1b67113c650badc3e2aa

I renamed that slot making it clear that it's not relying on the auto-connect
facility. ... ... ... OK, just saw that Andrius already did that a few hour
ago. :D

So, I guess one weird positioning bug to go then for Kigo.

Cheers,
Frederik