Current status of the frameworks branch of kdelibs4-based games

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Mon Apr 10 20:20:32 UTC 2017

Frederik Schwarzer ha scritto:
> On Sonntag, 9. April 2017 22:08:55 CEST Luigi Toscano wrote:
>
>> What I found can be summarized as:
>
>> - the frameworks branches of at least 2 games can be merged even now to
>> master; other 2 or 3 games requires not so extensive fixes by checking the
>> porting TODO items (grep for "QT5").
>
> You most likely did not mean it that way but I still want to point out that
> the TODO items are no good measure for the porting status.

Sure, I consider fixing them a necessary condition but not sufficient for the
release.

> When I had some time to do some of the porting work, I made a table with
> steps I wanted to do
> before calling it finished. I need to check if I still have that table.

Oh, that would be extremely useful.

> Furthermore (and that's where the IRC meeting would come in) the games need > to work properly. The last game I worked on was Kigo and it basically
> worked. But there were problems with the settings dialog. I saw the same
> kind of problem in other games but then (unfortunately ;)) I got a new
> job and since then I need to focus on learning the stuff we do here. If
> we did the IRC meeting on a Saturday, I could probably attend and check
> what those problems were.

Good for you of course, and thanks for the work so far! Sure, Saturday sounds
a good choice. Would you have a preferred time (I guess European time for you)?

>> Should we try to organize some IRC sessions to check the status and for
>> bugfixes?
>
> This is a good idea in general. Also for the already ported games, bug
> reports are rolling in but ... well the team decreased in size dramatically
> since the KDE4 porting times. So an IRC meeting might be sparsely visited.

Right, going through the existing bugs is important as well.

And thanks for the notes.

Ciao
--
Luigi