[Kde-games-devel] How to handle Jenkins?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Mar 20 21:20:38 UTC 2016

El dilluns, 14 de març de 2016, a les 21:19:31 CET, Julian va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> as I am feeling more responsible for KBlocks, I started looking at
> Jenkin's build errors. I felt particularly bad when I thought my last
> change has broken the build [1]. However, I noticed that it failed when
> CMake could not locate KF5XmlGui which is completely unrelated to my
> changes.

There was a bit of a hickup on the build nodes and some files got lost, i've
retriggered a build and it's good now.

> But I was wondering: Is it my responsibility to make sure that XmlGui is
> still supported? Is there a method to trigger a new build (besides
> pushing new changes to the repository)?

You can ping me or some other people with rebuild powers.

> Are there Jenkins errors you can safely ignore? I would appreciate to hear
your thoughts on that.

There's few errors to ignore, sometimes there's timeous, and sometimes there's
general hickups like this, or when a new branch is being created, sometimes
builds get out of order and fail, but most of the times you should strive for
a green jenkins, if you can't figure it out, ping me and i'll help you.

Cheers,
  Albert