[Kde-games-devel] crash in knights, dokumentation for libkdegames, etc.

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Sun Mar 20 09:58:35 UTC 2016

Am Sonntag, 20. März 2016, 09:14:52 schrieb Alexander Semke:

> > Hmm, I used the techbase article years ago to set my kde4
> > environment up  and then updated it from some blog post, I think.
> > It is now as follows.
> > - I use the system libraries of KF5.
> > - everything from libkdegames upwards is built from sources.
>
> Do also do make install in libkdegames overwriting the system
> libraries by this?

Since my "mycmake" alias prefixes to /home/fs/kde5apps (see last line
of the variables definitions), system libraries are not overwritten.
The order in PATH however makes the system libraries hidden "behind"
the user-specific installed ones. If you can prevent it, do not
install the same library both sistem-wide and user-specific. :)

> > In
> > http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdegames-apidocs/libkdegames/html/inde
> > x.html I see the apidoc for the master versions. Not sure how it
> > is decided which project appears under kde4 and which under
> > frameworks.
>
> KDE-admin ticket to change this?

The sysadmins do not control the contents (they told me) and the one
who did, has stepped down from it recently. I do not know who has to
change what to change that.

I can spend some time today to investigate.

Regards,
Frederik