[Kde-games-devel] KF5 ports of the games

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Thu Sep 24 05:34:05 UTC 2015

Am Donnerstag, 24. September 2015, 03:48:23 schrieb Michael Palimaka:
> On 23/09/15 21:44, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > basically I did not follow KDE development for about three years
> > now, this whole KF5 is new to me and I am not familiar with how
> > things are supposed to be done now. So when I now tried to build
> > KShisen (libkdegames -> libkmahjongg -> kshisen), I was
> > wondering, why it requires KF5::DNSSD. Have the requirements
> > maybe been copied from libkdegames' cmake file to all games'
> > cmake files?
> >
> > Regards
>
> A quick check of the source doesn't reveal any usage, so I guess
> it's an unused dependency and should be removed.

Yep. Same might go for Phonon, but I am not sure about that yet
because there is an unused include left (might be one of my crimes
from a few years ago).
The question would be if that is a problem for all games. The change
in cmake was introduced by Raymond Wooninck. Maybe there was a reason
for that? I mean, compiling libkdegames needs those as well.

Do all libs and games need a dependency review?

Regards