[Kde-games-devel] KMahjongg frameworks branch

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Sun Nov 29 23:52:48 UTC 2015

Am Montag, 30. November 2015, 07:10:44 schrieb Ian Wadham:
> On 28/11/2015, at 7:34 AM, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:

Hi Ian,

> So after the merge, the KMahjongg master code is going to be very
> different: fixing a new bug that might appear at the last minute in
> 15.12 might be that much more complicated to port into master.
> That problem might have to be faced eventually, but I'd rather not
> be facing it when we are in the last stages of a release.

Good point, waiting for the dust to settle.
As for the bug reports, I am planning on going through them once
everything sits on master. It would be too early to close bugs as
fixed before the merge. As a teacher of mine used to say: "there is no
'almost done' in todo lists" :)

> > For me it looks quite good and I did not see problems introduced
> > in frameworks branch so far.
>
> BTW, I believe that the frameworks branch has to be totally free of
> KDE 4 usages, including KDE 4 Support usages, before you merge
> to master.  I trust you have dotted all the i's and crossed all the
> t's… :-)

I was going for a "port what can be ported easily and them merge"
strategy to get all the remaining frameworks branches merged as soon
as possible. In some cases it was easy, e.g. to port away from dirs()
but in this case, it might be a bit more tricky because the files in
question are stored in /usr/share/kmahjongg/layouts/ and I did not see
an equivalent to that in the QStandardDirs namespace.
Also there is more things like netaccess and configuration stuff
coming from kdelibs4support. Not sure if I want to tackle these now.

Regards,
Frederik