[Kde-games-devel] KMahjongg frameworks branch (with merged qgraphic)

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Thu Nov 19 22:01:38 UTC 2015

Am Donnerstag, 19. November 2015, 13:51:54 schrieb Ian Wadham:
> Hi Frederik,
>
> On 17/11/2015, at 9:56 PM, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 17. November 2015, 13:47:36 schrieb Ian Wadham:
> >> Note that (in the "Mahjongg archaeology" thread), Roney reported
> >> successful merge of qgraphic to frameworks, with no difficulties.
> >> So I think it is safe for you to try step c, Frederik.
> >
> > Hmm, "with no difficulties" is a relative term. Some code has
> > changed in both branches. It will take some more time to
> > investigate if they were e.g. removed in qgraphics since unneeded
> > or added in frameworks for some reason. Anyway. The basic merge
> > is done. I compiled the game and played a few rounds on different
> > layouts (Clubs is indeed nice for winning :)), changed
> > backgrounds and tilesets.
>
> Did you see the comments on my merge of master into the graphic
> branch and the conflicts I found?

Yes and except for the CMake conflicts I saw the same.

> > Now the new code (and some merged code) have to be ported again to
> > KF5. I will do this this week but help is always appreciated.
>
> Hopefully that will not be too hard.  I think the KF5 changes tend
> to concentrate around UI actions and file access, rather than
> graphics.

I think, I am now at a similar stage as before the merges, which is
good. :)
One issue I found so far is that the pictograms of the tiles are not
centered properly with Classic theme (see attached image).

Throughout testing is still pending.

Regards
Frederik