[Kde-games-devel] KMahjongg frameworks branch

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Mon Nov 16 07:51:20 UTC 2015

Am Montag, 16. November 2015, 17:46:28 schrieb Ian Wadham:
> On 07/11/2015, at 10:58 AM, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:

Hi Ian,

@Albert: comments like these. :D

> There is something I should tell you.  Back a few years ago, there
> was a major branch in KMahjongg that never got merged into master.

And that's exactly why I stopped working on KShisen's internals as I
had initially planned a few months ago and started to merge all
frameworks branches. If branches are open for too long, things get
complicated. Or to quote the Hagakure: "It is bad when one thing
becomes two." *coughs*

So, first of all, at least I do not think, you are at fault here. For
most of us, this is a hobby. That does not mean, we can do harm here
and run away laughing ... but it means that life in the form of other
things can get into the way. That's just how it is.

But now we need a decision here. You say it would be better to merge
the qgraphics branch into the frameworks branch and then merge all at
once into master once it is finished?
Usually I would object against that infavour of two smaller merges
with less impact over the period of two releases. But since you say,
things worked quite fine there, maybe it's worth a try?

Would you be willing to help out after the merge or are you retired
for good from getting your hands dirty (I thought I read something
about that a year ago?)
BTW: I find it amazing that you are still active in development. Hats
off. :)

So:
1) frameworks -> master => release ... qgraphics -> master => release
or
2) qgraphics -> frameworks ... frameworks -> master => release

The polls are open.
If noboby else has an opinion, I might try to merge qgraphics into
frameworks and try out what comes out of it.

Regards
Frederik