[Kde-games-devel] Freeze in 6 weeks

Roney Gomes roney477 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 02:00:44 UTC 2015

> This is non-sense, why remove network-transparency? What you should do is fix
> KF5 on Mac OSX to work instead of removing features from apps.

I know it's hard to argue with you on that topic, but I'm favorable to
make the games as standalone as they can be. I mean, that was the
whole Frameworks promise: applications that can run easily on every
major platform without tons of dependencies because we can rely on Qt
to work out the whole compatibility problem.

Does, at this moment, KMahjongg need to perform file I/O over a
network? Looks like it's not the case. The actual case is: games need
kio because Dr. Konqui requires it and kio demands some KDE
infrastructure in order to work properly. So, I raise the question to
anyone following this thread, is it possible to make Dr. Konqui switch
to a different mechanism on environments other than KDE?
--
Roney