[Kde-games-devel] Freeze in 6 weeks

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Thu Jan 15 06:48:29 UTC 2015

Hi,
As Albert wrote in blog ‟http://tsdgeos.blogspot.fr/2015/01/kde-applications-1504-release-schedule.html„ we have 6 weeks before freeze

I updated info about porting:
https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/kdegame_apps_porting_kf5_status

I fixed some bugs in libkdegames and some games.
I finished to port some applications.

Indeed bug reported by Albert:
"FWIW i just tried bovo which is listed as ready to merge and:
 * Found and fixed a bug in libkdegames
 * Found and fixed three bugs in bovo
 * Found and still wondering on how to fix a bug in
bovo/libkdegames/kconfigcore

For those interested the bug that's still unfixed is the one that makes
"QCoreApplication::arguments: Please instantiate the QApplication object
first" appear on app close, basically we're KgDifficulty is a static that
tries to save the current level on destruction, but it's too late to use
KSharedConfig::openConfig which uses the        qApp because the qApp is already
Gone.„

I was no able to fix it. I don't know very well libkdegames code and I have
some others works in progress kdepim* so I don't have lot of time to focus on
it.

So it will very appreciate if we can have some help to fix it.

I will very happy to have some kf5 game in 15.04 but I can't do all by myself.

Regards

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53,  http://www.kdab.fr