[Kde-games-devel] KMahjongg archaeology

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 12:44:58 UTC 2015

Hello Laurent,

On 10/01/2015, at 8:56 PM, laurent Montel wrote:
> Le Saturday 10 January 2015 16:55:05 Ian Wadham a écrit :
>> @Laurent Montel:
>> @Albert:
>> Please could you advise us on what might be the best/easiest workflow
>> for getting Christian's, Jan-Peter's and Laurent's changes all into one
>> branch (i.e. the "frameworks" branch)?
>
> You can merge master in qgraphic branch and fix it.
> => we will not lose changes from master (fix etc)
>
> And when it's ok you can merge framework in qgraphic
> => it's kf5, you can fix bug and co.
>
> And after that merge this qgraphic branch in framework
>
> => kf5 branch will be based on qgraphic and no changes will lose

Thanks very much, Laurent.  At first this seemed counter-intuitive, but
I guess the strategy is to collect all changes, including copies of the
last two years' of changes to master, in qgraphic, until we are sure of them.

Then we can pick up your frameworks changes (or master if you have
already tested and merged your KF5 changes there and we cannot
make it in time for the next release --- that would give the world current
KMahjongg working on KF5).

Finally, we can merge the qgraphic branch into frameworks, or master,
depending on where you or others are up to with testing and releasing
KF5 changes --- and a nice, fixed-up, snappily performing, KF5 version
of KMahjongg can go out to the world.

It would be good if we could release a nice, fixed-up, snappily performing,
KDE 4 version of KMahjongg.  That should have happened over two years
ago.  But I don't think the KDE Community releases parallel versions of apps.

I trust I have understood all this correctly.

Cheers, Ian W.