[Kde-games-devel] Konquest

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Thu Jan 8 18:19:12 UTC 2015

On Thursday, January 08, 2015 16:28:47 Roney Gomes wrote:
> Em dom, 4 de jan de 2015 17:08, Alexander Schuch <aschuch247 at gmail.com>
> escreveu:
>

>  One more question about development in general: Changes for Konquest
> take place in "master" branch and they get merged to "frameworks"
> branch? Or vice versa?

I don't know what actually happens but here is how it should work:

Porting patches are added to the frameworks branch and are merged to master
once the full port is ready, not before that.  At that point the frameworks
branch is killed and all new development continues on master.

New features are added to the master branch and merged to the frameworks
branch whenever appropriate. This is best done as often as possible to avoid
the branches from diverge too much.

Regarding bugfixes, they can be handled in two ways:
1. Add them to master and cherry-pick in release branches (the calligra way)
2. Add them to the release branches and merge them to master (the kde-edu way)
I don't know how they are actually supposed to be handled in kde-games.

	-Inge