[Kde-games-devel] Moving on with KF5 versions

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jan 4 12:44:46 UTC 2015

El Diumenge, 4 de gener de 2015, a les 23:16:54, Ian Wadham va escriure:
> On 04/01/2015, at 10:57 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > So once we have stablished that KF5 version of libkdegames is
> > co-installable, the plan is release libkdegames5 on next Applications
> > release.
> >
> > Which is the first game we should aim for having a KF5 version in master?
>
> Does it matter much?  As long as each end-user can get his/her favourite
> game(s) in one form or the other (KDE4 or KF5).  It is not as if the
> gameplay, graphics or look-and-feel are going to change, is it? So…
>
>   1. Alphabetical order
>   2. Presumed order of popularity with users
>   3. Reverse of presumed order of popularity with users
>   4. Depending on availability of testers and testers' choices
>
> I think I prefer 4 or 3.  4 would enhance overall reliability in the first
> few KF5 games released.  3 would minimise impact of any mistakes we may
> make in the first games released with KF5… ;-)

FWIW i just tried bovo which is listed as ready to merge and:
 * Found and fixed a bug in libkdegames
 * Found and fixed three bugs in bovo
 * Found and still wondering on how to fix a bug in
bovo/libkdegames/kconfigcore

For those interested the bug that's still unfixed is the one that makes
"QCoreApplication::arguments: Please instantiate the QApplication object
first" appear on app close, basically we're KgDifficulty is a static that
tries to save the current level on destruction, but it's too late to use
KSharedConfig::openConfig which uses the 	qApp because the qApp is already
gone.

Are we really sure we're ready?

Cheers,
  Albert