[Kde-games-devel] ksnakeduel naming issues

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Feb 5 19:12:24 UTC 2015

El Dijous, 5 de febrer de 2015, a les 16:07:31, Michał Zając va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> I've been wondering if it would be possible to have the ksnakeduel name
> sorted out.
>
> Current situation is:
>  - source tarball is named ksnakeduel
>  - binary is named ktron
>  - there is a desktop entry for kdesnake
>
> This leads to current situation where the package in Debian is named ktron
> and in Ubuntu we have ksnakeduel and ktron which is a dummy package to pull
> ksnakeduel and we are wondering which one to keep. There are also trademark
> problems.
>
> My proposed solution would be to:
> a) rename anything ktron to ksnakeduel
> *b) rename kdesnake to ksnake
>
> * this is optional but IMO it would make sense to have ksnake when you have
> ksnakeduel

Are you Jonathan Riddell's twin? He kind of proposed the same in
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/121589/

He failed to explain why we would want to have a ksnake and a ksnakeduel, seem
too similar if they are exactly the same software.

Cheers,
  Albert