[Kde-games-devel] OSX/CI: Compilation of status of KF5 games

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 22:46:22 UTC 2015

Hi Marko,

Thank you for this valuable summary.

On 04/02/2015, at 8:38 AM, Marko Käning wrote:

> herewith I want to compile the status of KF5 games on OSX/CI from my previous posts in just one piece:
>
> Seem to play fine:
>
> + kgoldrunner s (there seem to be some short interruptions in the game-flow at times)

If the running figures sometimes freeze momentarily and then jump
to a new spot, it means that Qt5 is sometimes not keeping up with the
pace of the animation.  So KGr deliberately skips a few frames.  If it
is less than a second and only occasionally, it is quite normal…  If
longer or very frequent, I will need to go into that later…

Re the "s", if you have OpenAL and libsndfile libraries, KGr should
not be loading Phonon.  If you do not have them, KGr should disable
sound altogether and give you a popup message.

> Crash at startup:
>
> - kubrick

It is a pure OpenGL (3-D) program and it is still using Kde4Support.
What happens if you try a 3-D puzzle (Roxdoku 9) in KSudoku?

> Other trouble:
>
> * palapeli:
>    - doesn’t find its shipped puzzles (overview is empty at startup)

Expected.  Neither QStandardPaths nor loading a plugin are working well
on OSX at the moment… ;-)  But we are working on those over at KDE-Mac.

Cheers, Ian W.