[Kde-games-devel] KMahjongg frameworks branch

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Thu Dec 17 10:25:31 UTC 2015

Am Sonntag, 13. Dezember 2015, 13:46:22 schrieb Ian Wadham:
> On 13/12/2015, at 1:17 AM, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 12. Dezember 2015, 13:08:45 schrieb Ian Wadham:

Hi Ian,

@all: please read the last paragraph.

> Have a look at libkmahjongg/tilesets/bamboo.svg if you feel like a
> small challenge.  It's a nice-looking set of tiles, but unfinished…
>  In particular, some tile faces are still copies of the Classic
> versions: the 1 of Bamboo (a bird), all 4 Seasons and 3 of the
> Flowers.  To make the theme show up in a game, uncomment the lines
> after "##bamboo" in CMakeLIsts.txt.
>
> Also (an "easy" one), three of the Winds' characters are off-centre
> vertically.
>
> Maybe you could find the artist, Matthew Woehlke, and get him to
> help.  He used to be a good contributor to KDE Games a few years
> ago.

I wrote an email to Matthew but received no answer yet.
When the Classic theme worked, I indeed took a look at the Bamboo
theme but there is quite some arts work to be done. I am not an
artist. I stay away from doing arts since that day in 2nd grade where
I was scolded heavily for using a ruler in art class. True story. :)

Currently I am trying to work on my brother to take a look but also
not much luck yet.

In a few weeks I will write a call for artists for planetkde to try to
get someone to finish that theme. It's really nice and it's a bummer
that it's not out there.

As for the frameworks branch, I consider it done so far, with a loose
definition of "so far". :)
All the bug triaging should be done after the merge so fixed issues can
be closed directly and not commented on that they will be fixed at some
undefined point in the future.

The resizing issue you are looking into is also cosmetical, so no real
show stopper. Not because it's ok the way it is but because resizing
is not a regular use case. So please keep fixing it. :)

So for now I am aiming for monday 21st  to merge the frameworks branch
into master and start triaging. If there are no objections, that is.

Regards,
Frederik