[Kde-games-devel] KMahjongg frameworks branch

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 22:46:09 UTC 2015

Hi Frederik,

On 04/12/2015, at 2:33 AM, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> a few emails ago, I had an image attached showing that on the Classic
> tileset the face image of the tiles seem to have an odd offset.

I remember seeing that image but could not see a lot wrong with it
at the time.

> Can you see that in your qgraphic branch as well?

Yes.  I think the problem is in the tileset itself, which is in libkmahjongg
and is no part of the qgraphic branch of kmahjongg.  I had a look at
file libkmahjongg/tilesets/classic.svg using Inkscape and the 9 of Bamboo
does seem to be a tiny bit off-centre, especially when you zoom in, but a
blind man would not see it, as my grandma used to say.  Same with some
other Bamboos and maybe the Characters (tails low at the bottoms of tiles).

The Classic tile theme used to be in KDE 3 and earlier.  Somebody
transcribed it to SVG in KDE 4 development times, as a concession to
fans of the traditional graphics, but maybe it was a hurried job.  I don't
think it is anything to worry about.

Cheers,
Ian W.