[Kde-games-devel] Moving KDots to KDE Review

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 12:32:52 UTC 2015

Hello Minh,

This should go to the KDE Games list, not kde-core-devel.  Please reply on
kde-games-devel _only_, where I am also a member.

On 04/04/2015, at 4:12 AM, Minh Ngo wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I would like to move my project [1] to KDE Reviews and receive some feedback to make it become a part of the KDEGames project in prospect.
>
> According to the wiki article [2] I have to contact with sysadmins and post this message in this mail list.
>
> KDots is a prototype of the game of dots. The purpose of the Dots game is to catch your opponent's dots by placing your dots on the game board where the lines cross.
>
> Currently it has been ported to the KDE Framworks 5. It supports several game modes and I have created a small user documentation to fit requirements.
>
> If you are a responsible person for this thing, could you please give some feedback regarding to the project?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Minh
>
> [1]: http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdots.git
> [2]: https://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Application_Lifecycle#Stage_2:_Stable

I am not sure where your repository is exactly (in the KDE Projects tree), but it
probably needs to be in Playground for a while before KDE Review.  We can talk
about this further when you are on the KDE Games list.

First impressions.  The documentation is indeed "small" and way short of the
standard required for a KDE Game, so the doco definitely needs work.  Also, I
cannot tell from it how to play this game nor which "game of dots" this is.  I found
one or two games called "dots" by Googling, but none resembling the game in
your screenshot.  We also already have a KDE Game called KSquares, sometimes
known as Dots and Boxes, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dots_and_Boxes.

So please could you provide a fuller description of the game --- or a link to such
a description?

Looking forward to hearing more,
All the best, Ian W.