[Kde-games-devel] Status of 'libkdegamesprivate:KGameThemeSelector'

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Tue May 27 18:09:57 UTC 2014

On 05/27/2014 06:41 PM, Anuj Pahuja wrote:
> So, can I leave KGameThemeSelector in libkdegamesprivate for now? As
> porting it would be of no use as KF5 games won't be using the
> KGameThemeSelector class.

In my opinion it's probably better to port it, because porting
games to the new theme system is more work than porting KGame-
ThemeSelector, and given the manpower situation it's important
to keep the games working rather than "give up on them". If
KGameThemeSelector is ported it allows the games to at least
be ported KF5, and then at least that part is done - it lowers
the barrier to entry to doing any work on them.

It would be different if we could guarantee the theming system
port is going to happen in short order, but I'm not optimistic.

Cheers,
Eike