[Kde-games-devel] Status of 'libkdegamesprivate:KGameThemeSelector'

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue May 27 02:49:39 UTC 2014

Hi Anuj,

On 27/05/2014, at 2:33 AM, Anuj Pahuja wrote:
> I wanted to know if KGameThemeSelector in libkdegamesprivate needs to be ported to KF5. As per [1], it is deprecated and
>  is favored over it. Is it still used by games or is it just for internal compatibility? Thanks!
>

> [1] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/Porting_to_libkdegames_v5

The stuff in libkdegamesprivate is supposed to be deprecated, but it looks as though
there are still a few uses of KGameThemeSelector, even from kdeedu …  See:
    http://lxr.kde.org/ident?_i=KGameThemeSelector&_remember=1
There are Kapman, KBlocks, Kigo, KSnakeDuel (aka KTron) and KSudoku.

I would say those games should be ported to use KgTheme, a nicer-looking dialog
than the "Settings" dialog used by KGameThemeSelector.  It is not too hard to do that
port, but who is going to do it?  Also, it may lead to a need to port all those games'
graphics to KgTheme, etc. which is a much bigger kettle of fish.

See also, http://lxr.kde.org/ident?_i=KgThemeSelector&_remember=1
for games that use KgTheme.  Handy website that http://lxr.kde.org … :-)

Cheers, Ian W.