[Kde-games-devel] What is happening to dialogs in Frameworks?

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Tue May 13 09:49:02 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 13 May 2014 16:51:00 Ian Wadham wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> In Frameworks, it looks as though KDECORE and KDEUI are being broken
> up and some of their functionality is recommended to be found in Qt.
>
> I am looking at:
>     http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Porting_Notes
>     http://dot.kde.org/2014/01/07/frameworks-5-tech-preview
>     http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/List
>
> It is all proving rather hard for me to make any sense of, but it looks at
> first glance as if huge chunks of functionality are going missing - things
> that are used a lot in KDE Games.

Just as a reminder: If you're doing any porting work, keep in mind
we have a GSoC student working in this space this year. Anuj's code
so far is in clones/libkdegames/anujpahuja/gsoc-frameworks.git, he's
already done some work but is currently busy with exams (which is
fine as per the timeline, of course).

Cheers,
Eike