[Kde-games-devel] Installing Palapeli on Windows

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 22:11:51 UTC 2014

On 05/03/2014, at 10:00 PM, Olaf Albrecht wrote:
> Thank you for your response. But when I use it I have got over 1 GB on my harddisk for a game that only has a fue KB. Is there no way to install palapeli "stand alone" on a Windows system?

I hope I am not stating the obvious, but there is a whole
lot of non-Windows software upon which Palapeli or any
other KDE game depends.  The major dependencies are
the KDE Games library (quite small), the KDE libraries and
the Qt library (rather large).  Those in turn depend on other
libraries and Linux utilities, etc. etc., none of which are part
of Windows, I presume.

Installing a second or third game should have less overhead.

I guess what Yuri is talking about is removing chains of
dependencies that are really irrelevant to Palapeli, such
as the whole Nepomuk, Soprano, Virtuoso chain …

On my Apple MacBook Pro, I just sigh and tolerate the overheads.
After all, 1 Gb is not so much when I have 500 Gb of which I am using
only 126 Gb, but yes, it is a waste of space, download time and
backup time.

I am hoping KDE 5 will "prune" these overheads and make
cross-platform use a nicer experience ...

Cheers, Ian W.