[Kde-games-devel] Merge frameworks in master

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Wed Dec 31 06:13:23 UTC 2014

Le Tuesday 30 December 2014 23:54:50 Albert Astals Cid a écrit :
> El Dimarts, 30 de desembre de 2014, a les 20:59:44, laurent Montel va
>
> escriure:
> > Hi,
> > As you saw I worked on porting to kf5 some kdegames application
> > (http://www.aegiap.eu/kdeblog/2014/12/kf5-kdegames/)
> >
> > I removed kdelibs4support for several applications.
> > I converted to reverse dns desktop
> > I fixed cmake file
> > I fixed a lot of bugs
> > etc.
> >
> > And you can see that:
> > "bomber
> > bovo
> > granatier
> > kapman
> > katomic
> > kblackbox
> > kblocks
> > kbounce
> > kbreakout
> > kdiamond
> > kfourinline
> > kgoldrunner
> > kigo
> > killbots
> > kiriki
> > kjumpingcube
> > klickety
> > klines
> > kmahjongg
> > kmines
> > knavalbattle
> > knetwalk
> > kolf
> > kollision
> > konquest
> > kshisen
> > ksnakeduel
> > kspaceduel
> > ksquares
> > ktuberling
> > libkdegames
> > libkmahjongg
> > lskat
> > palapeli
> > ‟
> > Compile against on kf5.
> >
> > Now I would like to merge in master as I think it's a good idea to have it
> > in next kde release 'kde-15.3„ kde-15.4„ I don't know when it will
> > release.
> >
> > What do you think about it ?
>
> Do we know if libkdegames and libkmahjongg co-install fine with their
> kdelibs4 counterparts? Because if they do not, we need to move *all* the
> projects at once from kdelibs4-based to kf5-based, which may not be ideal.

Indeed in libkdegame we install:
"-- Up-to-date: /opt/kde5/share/carddecks/svg-jolly-royal/jolly-royal.svgz
-- Up-to-date: /opt/kde5/share/carddecks/svg-konqi-modern/11.png
-- Installing: /opt/kde5/lib64/qml/org/kde/games/core/libcorebindingsplugin.so
-- Set runtime path of
"/opt/kde5/lib64/qml/org/kde/games/core/libcorebindingsplugin.so" to
"/opt/kde5/lib64"
-- Installing: /opt/kde5/lib64/qml/org/kde/games/core
-- Installing: /opt/kde5/lib64/qml/org/kde/games/core/qmldir
-- Installing: /opt/kde5/lib64/qml/org/kde/games/core/KgItem.qml
“
So we can't install libkdegame-kde4 and libkdegame-kf5 in same computer.

> For the things i maintain (i.e. ktuberling and kiriki) I'd like to do the
> merge from frameworks to master myself, i agree with you they should go into
> next Applications [not kde ;)] release if they are good. I'll have a look
> on the coming weeks.

ok

> What the maintainers of the others say?
>
> For the ones without maintainer I would be hesitant to merge them all at
> once, compiling is veeeeeeery far from running 100% good.
>
> Maybe we could do something like "the day of Y", where we merge the "ones
> without maintainer" every few days and ask everyone to try to see if they
> can find a regression?

Ok but who will test them ?

Regards

--