[Kde-games-devel] Setting username when submiting score to KExtHighscores

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 23:35:54 UTC 2013

On 13/09/2013, at 2:46 AM, Денис Купляков wrote:

>>    KScoreDialog::FieldInfo scoreInfo;
>>    scoreInfo[KScoreDialog::Name] = QString("name");
>>    scoreInfo[KScoreDialog::Score].setNum(score);
>>
>>    // show the new dialog and add the new score to it
>>    KScoreDialog scoreDialog(KScoreDialog::Name, this);
>>    scoreDialog.initFromDifficulty(Kg::difficulty());
>>    bool madeIt = scoreDialog.addScore(scoreInfo);
>
> KReversi doesn't use KScoreDialog. It uses KExtHighscore::Score and
> KExtHighscore::submitScore() for highscores storing.

And I think KExtHighscore is deprecated now.  It has not been
maintained for about 6 years.  IIRC it was going to be moved
out of libkdegames a year or two ago, but apparently that never
happened.  Most games writers considered KExtHighscore to
be complicated and "over-engineered" and did not use it.

Cheers, Ian W.