[Kde-games-devel] new/improved AI for Konquest

Alexander Schuch aschuch247 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 17:31:40 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am a KDE user for quite some time already, and I really enjoy playing
Konquest. The problem is that I win nearly all games so that it is not that
much of a challenge any more. I already analysed my own style of playing
and put it into an AI (a year ago already).

I now want that AI to be officially part of Konquest so that others can
enjoy playing it. Back then I hacked the code into the present weak AI
code, but this is nothing more than a hack. I am new to Qt and git, but I
know quite some C++ and Subversion.

My plan is to add this new AI as a separate class and make Konquest ready
for others to simply include their own AIs without having to touch the GUI
code. I know from own experience that reviewing large patches is a pain, so
how is the desired process to get required refactoring done and accepted
with as less hassles as possible?

I am using the master branch in git and I can create patches via "git
diff". If anyone can point me into the right direction, I very much
appreciate it.

Alexander Schuch