[Kde-games-devel] How to test ui.rc files?

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 02:24:34 UTC 2013

On 03/11/2013, at 2:51 AM, Alexander Schuch wrote:
> Ah, thank you too. Now as I know what to look for, I even found this
> documented at http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Architecture/KDE4/XMLGUI_Technology#Lookup_of_.rc_files_.2F_versioning.

That's a very good find, Alexander, and a very interesting one too.

> On 30 October 2013 03:56, Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Also, I think you should increment the value of version="n" at the
>> start of the ui.rc file (as a permanent change) every time you start
>> changing a ui.rc file.

I spent a lot of time, about 10 years ago, trying to figure out how the
menu-merging works and how to get the menu in the order I wanted.

I could not find any doco back then, so I think I just read other people's
ui.rc files and copied what they did.

Cheers, Ian W.