[Kde-games-devel] Worries re anongit

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun May 19 00:52:52 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

During the last few months I have been working on a large local branch
of KJumpingCube which is almost a complete re-write, see details at:
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.11_Feature_Plan#kdegames

On Friday I decided to merge this branch into local master, using
git pull --rebase, git merge -m "…" newbox and git push origin master,
much as I did for the GSoC branch of KGoldrunner last year.  I struck
some extensive conflicts this time in three of the files.  After sleeping
on it, I resolved the conflicts in favour of the new branch, marked the
merge as resolved and did the git push origin master.  That was about
24 hours ago, but the changes are not showing up properly on anongit
as seen at:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdegames/kjumpingcube/repository

Several commits do not seem to be getting through, the web-page has
blank commit comments and if you look in detail at at a file, CMakeLists.txt
as a simple example, the commits are way out of date.

I was so worried by this that I did a git clone git://anongit.kde.org/kjumpingcube
into a scratch directory and then did some diff commands on the source-code
files and git log output of that directory versus my local working directory.
Everything was the same in both, except for .git/ internals ... so phew!

One holdup may have been that one of my new files, settingswidget.h,
lacked a licence, so I got an email about that.  I have just now added a
licence and pushed the result.

So what is happening with anongit?  Will it eventually catch up with
all my changes?  Usually it does that within an hour or so.

Cheers, Ian W.