[Kde-games-devel] KsirK maintainership

Nemanja Hirsl nemhirsl at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 23:01:38 UTC 2013

I'm sorry to hear this, but also, even I'm still not a parent, I understand that you have more important things to handle. Wish you all the luck and all the best in your future endeavors.

I must admit I'm little surprised and honored by this proposal to take over maintainership of KsirK. I'm glad you have confidence in me and I'm thankful for good words from both you and Ian. That's all good but it is only one side of the medal. The other is that I also have regular job not related to KDE, a lot of other duties and not much time I can dedicate to kde-games. Until now, I've had an idea to spend some time discovering kde-games, try to fix "hardest" bugs and in that way contribute to kde. Time spent was mostly weekends, and a couple of days off the work. Because of that I'm not sure if I can fulfill all demands for a maintainer. Also, I'm quite new to git and would need some help how to start... I even don't know what are responsibilities and duties of a maintainer :), but If it is enough to actively participate on mailing list regarding ksirk, handling bugzilla and tackling some bugs, 1 or 2 in one month timeframe (maybe less sometimes), then, yes, I'll gladly accept this role. If not, maybe someone who has more time and experience in this field could take over?

Thanks,
Nemanja