[Kde-games-devel] Review Board, Apple and a patch for Palapeli

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 03:50:53 UTC 2013

On 23/12/2013, at 8:13 AM, Nemanja Hirsl wrote:
> On Sunday, 22. December 2013. 11.54.02 Ian Wadham wrote:
> Mention of "light work" and "things have been fairly quiet for me bug-wise" is encouraging. I still have a number of low priority bugs to fix in Ksirk and hopefully small number of new bugs for games you maintain now won't be an overhead. As I usually use weekends for KDE games, replying to emails or submitting bugfixes might not be prompt, but eventually they will arrive :) . This weekend I used to browse through the code of KSudoku and KJumpingCube…

Thanks for doing that.  I am focussing on Palapeli at the moment and
expect to revisit KSudoku and KJCube in a month or so.  Both of those
programs had previous authors but became unmaintained.  KSudoku
has some wish-list items, such as automatically clearing the little "note"
numbers when they no longer apply, i.e. if you enter a "9" in a correct
square, all the little "9"s in the same row, column or group(s) will
automatically vanish.

KGoldrunner and Kubrick are quite stable now and I have no
enhancements planned.  Occasionally people send new levels they
have composed, using the KGr game editor.  Kubrick could benefit
from better use of the OpenGL library, making it consume less CPU
time to draw and animate the cubes (this is mainly as a courtesy to
other apps: it goes fast enough in real time on CPUs of the last 5 years).

>  > What would be the advantages for you of using Review Board, as
> > opposed to reading diffs in the on-line repository?  I find it easier just
> > to commit and push bug fixes.
> >
> > Review Board allows for discussion of changes, but quite often
> > reviews go unanswered (we are *all* busy and short-handed at
> > KDE Games), so why go the extra mile?
>
> The advantage of using Review Board may be visibility. This way we might draw people's attention and someone else might step up and get involved.

Good point.

Cheers, Ian W.