[Kde-games-devel] KPatience project name, but kpat repository folder

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Sep 11 10:12:23 UTC 2012

El Dimarts, 11 de setembre de 2012, a les 11:00:16, Laszlo Papp va escriure:
> > There's no guessing involved, is there?
> >
> > https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdegames/kpat/repository
> >
> > Tells you exactly how to check out
>
> That is what I was referring to by more work than it could be needed.

Oh yeah, go to the source that says what the name of the repo is to know the
name of the repo, lots of extra work!

> > > The problem is that, I will not know "kpat" from "KPatience" without
> > > further investigation. If it is kpatience, I do not need to investigate.
> >
> > Is
> >
> > > there any benefit of not being able to clone "kde:kpatience"? Avoiding
> > > temporary break for the localization, or for something else?
> >
> > I can change the name of the project to kpat, it's just that i don't
> > understand why i need to do so, we have lots of projects where the name
> > does
> > not match the repo name, want more examples?
>
> I just went through the KDE Games and Edu stack. This is the only exception
> in those two stacks. So if such a renaming does not break anything, I would
> ask for the renaming. If I see "KPatience" (or KPat) somewhere (k-c-d,
> blog, and so forth), I can just go ahead in console and run "git clone
> kde:kpatience" or "git clone kde:kpat".

There fixed it for you, hope this makes your day 5seconds better, i'm tired of
arguing over such silly things with you.

> The less term usages the better. I have just had a debugging session due to
> this while packaging since I had to do things differently for this one
> specifically.

You had to debug what? Take into account that whatever you had to debug as a
bug in assuming that the project name and the project repo match, so better
fix it.

Cheers,
  Albert